Saturday, January 19, 2008

SEKILAS INFO

It has been a very hectic week, clocking in at 7:30 am and leaving the newsroom past midnight -- 5 days in a row plus a full Saturday. End day Saturday, I ended up berdengkur while having my weekly reflexology at Beijing Reflex at Taman Tun.

Photobucket

But I was so satisfied. I love TV work. At least I'm married to something -- my job that is.. now, all you gundus out there, don't you dare ask me 'bila nak kahwin", because I am married to my job. Noktah (denial, denial, denial.....)

--------------------

As an Executive Producer, I was very happy on Saturday as my pal, Nazri Kahar (Haji), was exceptionally brilliant in the recording of the weekly TV show, TEMUJANJI. Haji, who has more than 13 years experience as a journalist/producer, has never anchored a talkshow programme with audience. Though a bit nervous, butterflies and all, he did a great job interviewing Malaysia's top actor Rosyam Nor. Haji has that 'telegenic' quality. Soon he will be the nation's heartthrob.

Photobucket
Haji from the control room
Photobucket

Rosyam Nor
Photobucket

Haji trying to relax in the VIP room
Photobucket
Me, Haji & Mrs Haji (Adilah)

It is not easy to be a talkshow host. One needs to know the right questions to ask (extensive research mak oiii), how to ask the questions with the right emotions, able to drill the respondent yet at the same time have the much needed 'empathy' -- the ability to laugh and cry with the respondents and being camera conscious at the same time, and able to relate all these feelings to the studio audience and TV viewers at home. For me, after 18 years, as a talkshow host and Executive Producer, there are still a lot of things to learn about on-screen presence. The day we think that we are good is the day of our downfall. Anyway, Congratulations Nazri Kahar -- The best revenge is by being extraordinarily good. (sendiri fahamlah...)

--------------------

And of courselah semua orang nak ambik gambar ngan Rosyam.

Photobucket
Azean & Rosyam

Photobucket
Rosyam & Samson

------------------

On Saturday morning, I had a wonderful time recording Perspektif Kita. The topic was "The Culture of Innovation".

The audience who came for the recording, oh, they were simply brilliant -- they gave very good comments,especially the stiudents from UIA an UITM. Brilliant, simply brilliant. Especially Daniel of UIA...

The guests were very good. We had the following very sporting VIPs on the show:

1. Ir Hj Yahaya Ahmad, President & CE of SIRIM Bhd.
2. Assoc Prof Hj Ponirin Amin of UITM.
3. Myocho Kan of MINDS.
4. Khoo Teng Sin of MINDS.

In fact, I must say, it was the best programme EVER for me in my career. Very spontaneous..

Below are pictures taken after the show with the guests and the wonderful audience. Oh BTW, many people have contacted me and asked how to become a studio audience, the procedure etc.. Just e-mail my colleage azean_ishak@astro.com.my.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

--------------------

Oh, BTW, Mok, I put your picture here... so now you can't say "Apalah Cekmi tak letak gambar I...". and you'll continue buying me nasi lemah Kampung Baru... Mok is in our production team and a very nice guy indeed. Siapa nak berkenalan?

Photobucket


-------------------