Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Morning After

I woke up early today. Infact I would normally be up by 6 am on Sundays.

Mandi or not, that's a different subject altogether. Sometimes I go mandi-less the whole day. It's like 'rebel without a cause' .

Sunday is free and easy for me. No specific plans. But the morning routine is a must -- Breakfast at 9:00 am at Bestari Nasi Kandar, Hartamas Shopping Center/Plaza Damas. And you want to know what I had this morning? Tharaaaa....

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mandi ker tidak ni?

Makan at Bestari at 9:00 am is some sort of discipline for me. If not I will never get to hantar my clothes untuk dibasuh at the Kedai Dobi nearby. Every single thing is done for a reason (wink...wink).

----------

I survived Saturday...It was a really 'trying' day. But I enjoyed it nevertheless.

We recorded two episodes of Perspektif Kita. In the first episode, we discussed "The Need for Quantum Leap in Agriculture". After that we took a 30 minute break and later we recorded "Personal Privacy" -- Is there such a thing in an age where everything you do can be captured either on 'still' or on 'video' (wink..wink). We had a great time with guests Kamal Affendi (The famous Crime Analyst), Dr. Omar Zakaria of UM, Dr. Amir Hassan Dawi of UPSI and M. Venodevan (a private investigator) discussing invasion of privacy and (drumroll....) --- how not to get your activities (good ones, OK), recorded on video from 4 different angles...



Photobucket

From the control room

Photobucket

Kam giving me input (Kam is my very trusted critic)

Photobucket

Haji Nazri, Producer/Anchor ...

Photobucket

The PI, Kamal Affendy & Kam

Photobucket

Me and Mr Director

Photobucket

Roul and my PA, Samson

Photobucket

Capik, Su & Fiza -- the very reliable Production Assistant

Photobucket

Azean

Photobucket

Roul, Azean & Shera

Photobucket

The sporting & participative audience

Photobucket

Me and my great Floor Manager, Mazlan

Photobucket

Azean, Adilah & Samson

Photobucket

Syafrie having lunch with Roul

Photobucket

Kamal & Haji Nazri mencekik

Photobucket

Me & Syafrie

Photobucket

Getting ready for Temujanji

Photobucket

Mencuba senyuman maut. Maut ker?

Photobucket

Me & Penonton best


Right after the recording of the 2 episodes of Perspektif Kita, I had to get out of the Perspektif Kita 'character' and immersed myself in the Temujanji Psyche as I had to host Temujanji because Amir Mahmood Razak was not feeling well. I enjoyed hosting Temujanji as the guest was someone I have not seen for many years, Ahadiat Akashah, the very famous Malaysian writer of love stories. After all these years Ahadiat is still the nice guy, and he still looks good, though in his 40s.

----------

Since the plan to go karaokeing with Amie tak jadi, I went out with Zai and Roul instead for Japanese at our favourite Japanese restaurant, Hatsuhana at Bangsar Shopping Center.

"Amie, cepatlah, bila nak karaoke ni? I nak nyanyi sangat ni.."

Well, Amie had to work on his projects. Like me, he is married to his craft. He is a Creative Director. I can relate very well to people who have the passion for the things they do. If not, it will be WORK, not creating value. To me, going to AWANI is not going to work but doing something that I truly LOVE. TV Poduction is my first love (so far lah... sebelum kena sambar atau menyambar manusia lain).

----------