Sunday, June 15, 2008

WEEKEND AT THE MOVIES

It has been a wonderful weekend.

Watched two movies, went shopping for some basic items for my new ‘sanctuary’ at Plaza Damas and great company.

After the recording of Astro AWANI’s Perspektif Kita on Saturday, Roul and I went to GSC Pavilion to see “Made of Honor”.

Photobucket

Aznil was there too, but he went for Hulk instead.

It was quite a fun movie.

Because I guess I was so tired after the studio recording, I tertidur like 5 times. But I still managed to enjoy the story.

I can relate to the main character, Tom Bailey, played Patrick Dempsey.

The only difference is that the movie has a happy ending… oh well…

Let me give you an idea of the story…

Tom Bailey is in love with his best friend Claire.


But Tom has a fear of commitment and refuses to admit the obvious -- he should propose to Claire before she finds a less procrastinating suitor.

When Colin, a rich Scotsman sweeps Claire off her feet and asks for her hand in marriage, Tom must witness her unquestioned happiness up close and personal -- because she's chosen him to be her Maid Of Honor.

And … drumrolls … Tom did his best to make sure that there will not be a wedding for Colin and Claire!!. Great movie, go watch it.

*************

On Sunday, Jef and I had fun watching The Happening at GSC, The Gardens, Midvalley.

I didn’t sleep this time because the movie was just so ‘out of this world’. I liked it. It is about mother-nature getting back at humans. That’s about it – won’t tell more – nanti tak suspense.

Photobucket

Anyway, before watching The Happening, Jef and I had a great time eating at a Thai Restaurant on the 5th floor of The Gardens followed by shopping for unnecessary stuff – yes guilty for not changing ‘our lifestyle ‘ (an adjustment needed, say politicians, as a result of the increase in the price of fuel) -- Ada banyak cara untuk mendekati hati rakyat tanpa dilihat sebagai patronizing. Satu cara ialah dengan tidak berkata apa tetapi menjadi contoh yang baik. Mahatma Gandhi mungkin?

And to cap it all, after the movie, we had dinner at IKEA. We are addicted to IKEA’s Daim cake.

It has been a lovely weekend. Can’t wait for the next weekend.

And can’t wait for Monday. We’ll have trainees reporting for ‘work’. INTERNS!!! …

Not Monica Lewinsky lah…