Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Photobucket

Roul is the 4th person to say it straight to my face...

"Cekmi, you have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder..."

"What?...."

And this is not new. I have been told before by close friends that I am in the 'Anal-Retentive" category -- related somehow lah to Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder ni.

For the uninitiated, according to Wikipedia, Obsessive-Compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric anxiety disorder most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive, distressing, intrusive thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.

I never gave it a serious thought.

But now, after I started reading more about it, I believe I have beberapa ciri-ciri OCD --

For example, I like to make myself worry about simple-simple stuff, like what if this, what if that, what if none of the above and the need to find 5 or 6 alternatives. Obsessive about stuff -- food, people and even highways.... Gila ooiiii. But then, I know when to say to myself ... "Stop, snap out of it! And just get into the groove.."

But I think my OCD helps me a lot in many ways... But it could well be to protect oneself from being hurt... It is some sort of defense mechanism. And it is good for reporters...Now don't quote me...

However, it's kinda mild ....

--------------------

Late last night (eve of Thaipusam), me, Dangsuria, Roul, Moqq & Milla had a great Teh Tarik session at Plaza Damas.

We discuss lots of things from the Angkasawan interview to JM to RN... Banyaklah code code...

Cheers..
Photobucket
Photobucket