Thursday, February 15, 2007

The beautiful 60s and 70s era

I love the images of the 60s and 70s.

Back then, dad bought lots of reading materials for us. My siblings and I were exposed, at a very young age to the images of Redwood Forest, Holden Kingswood and the beauty of Jackie Kennedy.



While Dad loved Sinatra, Cliff Richard and the Motown sound, he exposed us too, to the rich sounds of the Malay world.

And recently, Papa Khalid gave me a brilliant CD -- a collection of 'standards' by Malaysia’s very own talented son, Sean Ghazi and one song in his album reminded me of that dreamy and wonderful era of the 60s and 70s when we were growing up at Kolej Pertanian Malaya (which was later ‘upgraded’ to Universiti Pertanian Malaysia, and later changed to Universiti Putra Malaysia).

Listen to this song (my renditionlah...menyumbangkan...) which was a hit during my growing up years.



BTW, I'm high on cough medicine right now. Many of my friends caught the flu and I'm joining the group.

To all Kong Hee Fatt Choy.