Sunday, February 04, 2007

Dimakan beruk…



I was having breakfast with Cekem, Ian and Papa Khalid when a journalist from Bernama called to ask me for my comments on 'Sensasi' the TV show on TV3.

Apparently he and many other reporters have been following my blog.

Oh no… I thought it was all over…

But since the journalist was so nice, and me, being an ex-TV journalist, how can I refuse. I know exactly the feeling when a potential respondent tak mahu ditemubual. Rasa sedih campur nak cekik-cekik orang pun ada.

Anyway, the journalist asked me whether the program should be banned.

I said, NO… Just do a proper content treatment, remain sensational BUT with good TV journalism and ethics, respect respondents and make the program intellectually stimulating. Kalau nak pakai ratio, it must be 60% intellectually stimulating discussion with news/current affairs content teatment and 40% fun visual+audio treatment.

Setakat bincang gosip murahan kaki lima, buang masa semua orang. Itu belum cerita pasal contribution to nation building lagi.

Ooopss… cukup..nanti ramai orang marah.

Apa kena mengena dengan topic Dimakan Beruk? Tak der kena mengena... just a phrase from lirik lagu Allahyarham Puan Sri Saloma..

Permisi ya ibu-ibu, bapak-bapak, para penonton -- mahu mula goyang gerudi yuk yuk…

(Pic from www.fotosearch.com)