Tuesday, September 06, 2005

GUEST HOST ON RED 104.9 FM

It’s official now.

Starting this Friday, September 9, 2005, I’ll be a ‘guest host’ on Red 104.9 with Tim and Shareena. My slot will be from 7 am to 8 am on Fridays.

What will I be talking about? News and Current Affairs – for this Friday, we will be discussing what you and me the ‘small’ people can do to help prepare the country and the world for some unforeseen disasters.

Over the past two weeks, we have been reading headlines on the havoc created by many major natural disater (read: failure of the US in managing the crisis brough about by hurricane Katrina, typhoon Nabi causing floods and landslides, paralysing transport and prompting officials to tell more than 100 000 people to flee their homes in Japan and the damages and deaths caused by typhoon Talim in China.)

We’ll look at knowledge management, logistics, sourcing food supplies, distribution and most of all leadership in times of crisis.

If you have suggestions for the coming weeks, feel free to send me topics and I’ll tell the world that the idea is yours.