Friday, June 03, 2005

Perkara Bermusim

Teacher: Baiklah murid-murid, sekarang ini musim apa?
Students: Musim cuti cikgu.
Teacher: Bukan, siapa nak cuba?
Students: Musim durian cikgu.
Teacher: Bukan, musim orang kahwin!!

And yes… Musim orang kahwin is like ‘musim yang tak larat’. Why? Because penat nak jawab -- “Ha you ni bila nak kahwin?” Normally I’ll just smile and say, InsyaAllah, satu hari nanti (while at the same time saying to myself, macamlah rumahtangga dia orang ni bahagia sangat.. dahlah laki dia ada affair, dia tak tahu, gaduh siang malam. Habis tu asik-asik nak match make orang – penat – penat. Hoi Cik Kiah pergi pasang detektif, ikut laki kau tu, jangan kerja nak kahwinkan orang jer). And if we were to compare our lives, I live a happier, relationship-stress-free life.

Image Hosted by UploadEngine.com

Anyway, though I have never been married, (relationship tu adalah – macam hujan sekejap sekejap di beberapa kawasan…) I am quite a well sought after independent ‘marriage-counselor-sort-of’.

At midnight or so, my phone would ring and I’ll be the good listener to friends who are going through lots of marital problems. Ada yang laki-bini gaduh pasal duit, ada yang lesbian yang 'jantan' tu cari pompuan lain, yang gay plak tak puas main -- mampos aku.

Sometimes I give my two-cents worth, sometimes I’ll just say “you need the roof to fall on you, you shit head!! Just cut your losses!!”.

But I am happy for some of my friends who are happily married, like John and Haliza (see pic below during their wedding)

Image Hosted by UploadEngine.com


Moving on -- I see a lot more of Dang Suria these days as she would come over to Kelana Square more often now.

Had lunch with her last week, and OK, we’ll go out and paint the town red and blue soon.

Image Hosted by UploadEngine.com
Image Hosted by UploadEngine.com


I was at Fasta Pasta earlier today and had the delicious Spaghetti Marinara.

As Mokciknab had to jaga the two princesses, yang kena mumps, and Shazwan is in Kemaman (for a merisik session), Cekem is entah mana-mana entah (and he is so secretive too about his whereabouts -- gasak) and Ian is far away at the office, I decided to go alone to Ikano Power Centre.

It’s a good time-out for me.

Sometimes, going out on your own is the best therapy.

At times macam ni, I do miss my buddy Muluk yang membanting tulang mengorek minyak for 'the big oil company' in Bintulu.

Image Hosted by UploadEngine.com