Friday, May 27, 2005

TGIF

Image Hosted by UploadEngine.com

TGIF!! Yes it’s Friday, and it means more things to do before the weekend.

This weekend would be an interesting one for me.

First, I will get to meet my old boss, Datuk Khalid Ahmad (former MD of TV3) as I will be conducting a Media Training for The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Datuk Khalid, together with 8 other participants from ACCA will spend a day with me at Marriott Putrajaya to discuss “what it takes to have a win-win relationship with the media”.

That’s the ‘work’ part, now, the ‘play’ part.

Tomorrow night, my buddies and I are planning a night out to catch up and update each other with what we are going through – yes, it also means an opportunity to “drown your sorrows”. It’s cheaper that seeing a shrink.

Moving on …

Sometimes the world seemed like a mad house.

For example, today on Oprah, I was glued in from of the TV to follow a story about a man who had a sex-change and still continued living with his wife and the relationship became stronger. He just wanted to have a vagina, that’s all. What the.…

Then in the NST, there's a story about ‘a seminar to define money politics’. Hello!!! (and I thought it's all about the culture of serving people and untuk mencari keredhaan Allah... oh how naive).

And also, an interesting article, “Investing in India? Bring multi-coloured pens”.

Dunia oh dunia…

And finally, kata-kata magic hujung minggu (it’s actually a wonderful line from The Joy Luck Club):

“Losing him/her does not matter. It is you who will be found--and cherished”

Image Hosted by UploadEngine.com