Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MCKK SUMMIT, PERMATANG PAUH, YUT LOY AND RELATIONSHIPS

Photobucket
Fendy and another talented emcee of MCKK

On Wednesday, Fendy and Zulikhwan treated me like royalty at MCKK, the school of Kings!!

The MCKK boys were so 'professional' and were so good in organizing the Malay College Youth Development Summit 2008 with participants from Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, India, Thailand, Saudi Arabia and Singapore.

As an old boy, I was very proud.

Over lunch, I had a good discussion with the Principal, En Mohd Rauhi on upcoming projects for the boys and how I can help out.

Photobucket
Lunch at MCKK

In Kuala Kangsar too, I managed to discuss with Entrepreneur and Cooperatives Development Deputy Minister, Dato Saifuddin Abdullah (Dato SAB), also an old boy of MCKK, on the current political scene.

Also with us were former basketball coach of MCKK Mr Liew, Jakli and Hishamuddin of Class of 78.

Had a great time at KK's Benteng with Dato SAB, Hishe, Jakli and Mr Liew until about 2 am.

Photobucket
Lunch at MCKK

Photobucket
Zulikhwan briefing me on the programme together with Fendy.

Photobucket
Pun Mei Yan (Ave Maria Convent), Fendy, me, Zulikhwan, Parkpien 'Sean' Bamrungpong (Vajiravudh College, Bangkok) and Keehan Hussain Manjee (Aitchison College, Lahore)

Photobucket
Fun moments

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ready to serve

************************

Photobucket

Yes, Jef, we forgot the pau!

I only realized that I left the pau in the car this morning.

Pau Yut Loy yang sedap tu dah basi dalam kereta. All because I was so tired after the trip to Permatang Pauh and KK and just rushed up to the apartment and fell asleep on the couch.

After all the trouble 'competing' with other MCKK old boys for the pau, I managed to secure 2 pau ayam, 2 pau kaya and 2 pau kacang...

Photobucket

Many famous old boys were there at Yut Loy -- all on their way back from Permatang Pauh. We have old boys from both camps, BN and PKR. While we have differences in political views we are still brothers and had a great time having lunch/tea at Yut Loy.

The famous Hishamuddin Rais was there. So was Dato Salehuddin Hashim.

I was there with Moqq.

My senior of 2 years, Johari Kamil Ibrahim was there too -- and thanks for belanja we all, Bro Jo.

I arrived in KL at 7:30 pm. Went straight to pick up Jef at Kota Damansara and we went for dinner at Victoria Station.

************************************

On August 26, at Permatang Pauh, I managed to get first hand info on why Datuk Seri Anwar won big -- no need for some fancy post mortem -- it's all there in the open. No, I didn't get the insights from political analysts, but from the Pak Ciks and Mak Ciks that I met at coffee shops, the new Jaya Jusco, and all over Bukit Mertajam, Seberang Jaya and many other areas. The real barometer!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sometimes I wonder, if the feedback that I got from the voters ever got to the ears of the strategists in BN.

Sometimes when we are in position of power, 'people' will only tell us what they think we want to know.

Time to think, really think.

******************************

Suddenly teringat lagu Datuk Sharifah Aini...

Tapi, dek kau jangan lupa
Kenang daku, dalam doa mu
Itu yang kupinta dari dulu waktu bertemu...

***************************