Friday, February 23, 2007

Announce Properly Please…



I do lots of traveling lately both on MAS and AirAsia.

As communications is my background, I can help but being annoyed by/with the low standard of announcement onboard both MAS and AirAsia by the leading cabin crew.

I was on a MAS flight from KL to Kuala Terengganu a few hours ago. And the announcement on board was so bad.

The flight to Kuching last week on AirAsia on Thursday was bad too.

Can someone please teach these people how to pronounce properly, pacing, and all. And the speed… ohhh. The stewardess on the flight today joined all the sentences together at Schumacher’s speed. When I was in TV3 we were trained to communicate at a rate of 3 words per second. Anything faster than that will annoy and confuse people.

While we can cut costs here and there to show huge profits, NEVER cut costs on communications training.

Standard kena jaga. Berkomunikasi kena betul. Kalau tidak, tak payah buat announcement, bagi aja note card, and passengers boleh baca sendiri.

Anyway, I am having a great time in Terengganu. En Azhar is a great tourism ‘minister’ in addition to his day job as an engineer.

(Pix from fotosearch.com)