Sunday, April 16, 2006

I hate goodbyes

I hate goodbyes.

Sunday, April 16, 2006.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I go through this ritual every year.

Today, like the years before, on the way back to Kuala Lumpur after a wonderful weekend with the Malay College Old Boys in the royal town of Kuala Kangsar, I had this ‘pusing-pusing cyclone’ in my heart.

The Malays would normally describe it as ‘berat sebuku seribu rasa di dada’. Translated literally it would mean ‘a lump of a thousand and one feelings in the heart’ – or something to that effect.

You would only understand, if you’ve traveled through time and space from one exciting planet to another and back again....

It’s like entering a strange dimension where certain things remained beautifully static while others continue to evolve.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Prep School

Image hosting by Photobucket
Hargreaves Hall

Image hosting by Photobucket
Nak ambik gambar hunks in trunks – tapi tak der...


Image hosting by Photobucket
On the way to the Pool

Over the last 3 days, I slept less than 4 hours.

And how I managed? Until now, I have no idea. It could be the ‘energy’ of the people and the place that I willingly, trustingly and lovingly attached myself to.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Couple Maple Syrup

Or perhaps due to the ‘magic’ that we all created without us knowing.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Lapar!!!

The trip to MCKK this time around was a bit stressful – but I loved every minute of it.

Why stressful?

Because I ‘cari nahas’ and volunteered to sing with The Thoroughbreds band for the Old Boys Weekend Concert.

Singing to my fellow brothers (budak-budak kolek) can be very stressful as MCKK Old Boys are a bunch of very discriminating people. They want only the best!! I know because I’m one of them.

After singing ‘Seribu Impian’ with birthday boy Dzulfrizal (Class of 2000), I felt so good, though I could hardly hear myself on the stage. Even Tunku Adnan remarked “Tak boleh dengar suara you – gitar Mon kuat sangat”.

And yes, I was also the emcee – more like ‘emcee bidan terjun’ – appointed 5 minutes before the show. Even after I begged Jak Li NO with a great excuse “Jak, aku dah nak terberak ni, panic nak nyanyi ni, toksah lah suruh aku jadi emcee”.

And Jak Li said “Tak per, lepas ni kita boleh berak ramai-ramai”.

And yes, “welcome to SCATOLOGY 101”.

And the rest – history – I think I did a below average job as the emcee but I enjoyed it anyway.

During the concert, we gave Dzuffy a birthday surprise ala “Marilyn Monroe/JFK”. Thanks to Elin (Mrs Mooze Class of 86) who was sporting enough to be the night’s Vanna White – but instead of turning letters Elin brought the cake.

What else did we do?

Got addicted to Pictionary.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket
Mooze, Elin and Dzuf

Image hosting by Photobucket
Papa Khalid and Dzuf

Image hosting by Photobucket
Mooze the ‘drawer’

Image hosting by Photobucket
Papa Khalid doing a dangerous pose... jangan bang

Image hosting by Photobucket
Interpretation –– Itchy. Hmmm

What else?

Jadi tourist.

Image hosting by Photobucket
At Galeri Sultan Azlan Shah

Image hosting by Photobucket
At Galeri Sultan Azlan Shah

Image hosting by Photobucket
At Istana Bukit Chandan

Image hosting by Photobucket
At Istana Kenangan

Image hosting by Photobucket



And what else?

Took pictures and ate like mad...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Paparazzi 101

Image hosting by Photobucket
Dr Mohazmi, Me and Morky Moqq

Image hosting by Photobucket
Kenyang la tu...

Image hosting by Photobucket
More food

Image hosting by Photobucket
Food food...


And now... (drumrolls) secret coded messages:

To Papa Khalid,

Thanks for being a bidan terjun shrink.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Papa Khalid kat Padang Big School


To Dzuffy,

The Nivea company should give you a huge commission for promoting the Whitening Milk.



To Mooze & Elin,

Pictionary anytime...



To Pian Jepon,

Jagalah Labuan tu, don’t do a 7.5 on the Richter scale there...


To Morky Moqq,

Enjoyed the late night talks, the addictive Silver Screen Trivia and ‘all you want to know about the ostrich but afraid to ask’. I’ll be waiting for the Pagoda Singlet. BTW the snore wasn’t so bad – kinda soothing at times. As always I’ll make myself available for teh tarik should you decide to take a break from T. Glugok


To the Band people,

Nice to jam with you guys...


And yes... I left my heart again in KK...

And loved the heavenly aroma of Emporio Armani.

And I hate goodbyes.


Image hosting by Photobucket
Longing...

Image hosting by Photobucket

And I cried... Oh Tidak...