Monday, April 18, 2005

Reminisce

Started Sunday (April 17) with a fulfilling, purifying and humbling activity – teaching the kids at Yayasan Basmi Kemiskinan, in Serendah, conversational English.

After about a month of break, I really missed them and they have improved a lot.

Now they know when to use ‘do’ and ‘does’ without having to think twice — not bad for a group of rural kids who only got the chance to banter in English once a week!!

I talked about the experience to Mohsein and Azli later, in Mohsein’s car when we were on our way to Bangsar for dinner.

And the good news -- Mohsein and Azli would love to participate in the project.

Now we have more people to help the kids to improve their English.

In the afternoon, I saw the MCKK Centenary Celebrations report on NTV7.

I felt really ‘sebak’ when I saw the visuals of kolek (tempat jatuh lagi dikenang, inikan pula tempat bermain).

The story could have been better written, but tak kisahlah, coz it needs a budak kolek to have the feel and to really understand and write the story.

But I must congratulate Roshdi, the NTV7 journalist, for understanding the spirit of MCKK in such a short time.

Later in the evening, I had a wonderful time at Pelita in Bangsar -- 3 hours of down-memory-lane, with Mohsein and Azli.

Azli is an interesting character – I think he’ll make a great ‘Letterman’, a thinking one.

And he should have his own column as he eats and breathes Television.

And Mohsein was his usual self -- charming, nice, accommodating, and a great host, yes, even in a neutral ground.

The more I get to know him, the more I believe he will be a great leader one day – see you don’t need a branding and positioning expert (perhaps a smart spin doctor’s help a bit – moi, moi) unlike some existing wannabes who needs major genetic make-over.