Saturday, April 30, 2005

I love my 'kids' at Yayasan Basmi Kemiskinan, Serendah

UploadEngine.com - Ultra-fast, highly reliable and dedicated online file hosting.

Tomorrow is Sunday.
I can't wait to wake up very early on Sundays to go to Asrama Kasih, Yayasan Basmi Kemiskinan (YBK) in Serendah.
Every other week, on Sunday morning, I will meet with the students there and conduct classes/role plays on 'living skills' and 'conversational' English.

My buddy Mohsein cannot make it this time as he has to be in Penang. Well, he can join me next time. NK Anuar will be coming. NK must have enjoyed the earlier session that he has decided to join me again (perhaps he felt the same thing I felt).

The kids at YBK are really nice and polite, ranging from 13 to 15 years old, 'adopted' by YBK, to take them out of the vicious circle/cycle of poverty.

They are hungry for knowledge.
They need role models, big brothers and sisters to look up to.
And what made me cry sometimes when driving back from Serendah is the genuine spirit of wanting to improve themselves and get out of poverty -- an attitude I hardly see in the students that I teach in 'privileged' institutions.

In Serendah, I feel very much loved.
I want to live with this love for the rest of my life.


...